If you want to keep your business ahead of your competitors, you must find the best way to cope with the latest digital marketing trends. However, that doesn’t mean working on your SEO only – there’s much more to staying ahead of the ever-changing digital business landscape.
The biggest challenge is keeping up with the latest events in the world of digital marketing. Why? Because things tend to move so fast that even the most experienced marketers have trouble coping.
While keeping up is mandatory, you must also consider maintaining a sense of relevance with your customers. Thankfully, you can employ competitive marketing strategies to conquer your business niche by working smart rather than hard, so read on to learn more.
Prioritize keyword optimization
If you take a look at the stats, you’ll find that 61% of marketers claim improving SEO is mandatory to keeping your brand visible online. However, they don’t say anything about how exactly you should establish an SEO-focused presence online. Thankfully, we’ve gathered some top tips from leading online brands, such as Firestarter.
According to Denver SEO by Firestarter, the key to keeping your business on top lies in these critical steps:
- Analysis and auditing – keyword research and optimization are vital to overcoming challenges that may prevent you from conquering search engines. It takes a thorough analysis of your previous moves and marketing techniques to gather actionable insights into the best ways to position your website on top of the SERPs.
- Constant planning and strategizing – once you gather valuable data from your in-depth audit, you can start working on diverse SEO campaigns with a strong focus on the leading keywords in your industry.
- Link building – building top-quality links around the highest-ranking keywords makes your website highly visible across different search engines. In addition, you should also work on generating highly linkable content with interlinking pages, site architecture, meta descriptions, title tags, etc.
- Measuring performance and reporting – measuring your performance allows you to monitor different aspects of your digital marketing efforts, such as task reports, new links, website traffic, current rankings across search engine results, etc.
As you can see, keyword optimization and link building are key priorities. In addition to doing swift SEO keyword research related to your brand, products, and services, you should also think about your video and image SEO.
Focus your content marketing on video
Video was the dominant force in 2022 and continues to be the best marketing content format in 2023. Short-form video content has an incredible power of persuasion over the online auditorium. It helps brands connect with target audiences on a deeper level.
Video content is also easily shareable across social media channels, thus increasing your chances of attracting wider audiences. In addition, you can repurpose your video content to adjust it for different uses.
Though creating video content for marketing campaigns used to require costly resources, things have changed. Video has become much more accessible than ever before, making it an ideal addition to your marketing efforts.
While you should focus on video, don’t forget blogging, case studies, data with infographics, and social media marketing techniques. The more techniques and methodologies you use, the better.
Limit your online presence to the most relevant social media platforms for your business
Spreading your efforts across too many social media channels will easily bleed your budget dry while yielding no relevant results. Instead, focus on the channels that matter the most to your line of work.
Most businesses opt for the leading social media platforms:
Managing marketing campaigns on a maximum of 4–5 platforms is realistic. It should allow you to expand your operations to new markets, reach new audiences, and discover the type of content that best resonates with social media users.
Think about these considerations when determining the number of channels you should use:
- The number of marketers in your team who specialize in social media marketing;
- The social media channels that gather your target audience, including competitors;
- The time, effort, and resources required to create marketing strategies for each platform;
- The platforms that allow you to repurpose your existing content.
Include these considerations in your digital marketing approach, and you’ll surely drive much better results by motivating users to increasingly engage with your brand, content, etc.
Now that you know how to approach digital marketing and position your brand as the leading force in your business niche, all that’s left to do is keep up with the upcoming marketing trends. Remember that marketing trends come and go and are always open to change. You must be capable of coping with these frequent changes.
In addition, work on your digital transformation to make your operations as scalable as possible. Chances are that your newly adopted marketing approach will start yielding results, so it’s better to come prepared.